Awarded judgment-tenants appealing

Status
Not open for further replies.

u2h8bq

In Sept I filed papers against my tenants because there was a remaining balance of $100.00 of unpaid rent for Sept's rent. I was awarded judgment. At the end of Sept they moved out with 7 months left on their lease. They never paid the judgment for Sept's rent and I filed more paperwork for Oct & Nov's rent. I was awarded judgment on this case also. They are now appealing the second judgment (free legal aid) saying (I don't remember what their lawyer exactly called it) but in English for me she said they are appealing on grounds that judgment had already been entered on the first case so in a sense the matter was handled then and I can't go for another judgment for something that has already been handled.

Is this correct? Am I out the other 2 months because I was already awarded judgment for the $100?

In Sept I filed papers against my tenants because there was a remaining balance of $100.00 of unpaid rent for Sept's rent. I was awarded judgment. At the end of Sept they moved out with 7 months left on their lease. They never paid the judgment for Sept's rent and I filed more paperwork for Oct & Nov's rent. I was awarded judgment on this case also. They are now appealing the second judgment (free legal aid) saying (I don't remember what their lawyer exactly called it) but in English for me she said they are appealing on grounds that judgment had already been entered on the first case so in a sense the matter was handled then and I can't go for another judgment for something that has already been handled.

Is this correct? Am I out the other 2 months because I was already awarded judgment for the $100?

How do you propose to collect on any judgment?

These people are deadbeats.

Deadbeats have no assets.

Deadbeats have little or anything against which you can levy.

You no longer have them as tenants.

They are gone from your property.

Do you think you'll collect a $100 judgment, less alone two months worth of rent (if you prevail)?

I dare say, NOT!

Count your blessings these cheaters are outr of your life.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back