Exhusband evicting exwife

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherrief70

I got a divorce, Our home is in both our name, but the mortage is only in his name. I was given use of home, I had to pay house payment & repairs, until our son turns 18, at which time we were to sell the home. We are upside down on the mortage, I declared chapter 11 bankruptcy, I included his(my ex) name in the bankruptcy, I could not included to house because the mortage was not in my name. My ex took me back to court for contempt of court. I was found in contempt & have to give quit claim deed to ex within 48 hrs. It says that I am to vacact the home by nov. 15. My questions are 1)Will he have to still get an eviction notice served to me or will I have to be out that day? 2) if so, Will he have to serve the other adults in the home an seperate eviction? 3) if so, how long will I get then? 4) Will I go to jail for being found in contempt of court?

Your best bet is to follow all instructions of the court, as well as all court orders.

To do otherwise, is to dance with the devil. If you're ordered out, get out. It isn't your place to worry about what others don't do. They won't be held in contempt (yet), but you will.

If you have other questions, hire a local attorney.

You already have an order from a judge telling you to be out by a certain date. You essentially have an eviction order already. You would do best to comply, because all he will have to do is show that order to a sheriff on Nov. 16 and you will be on the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back