Owner evicting

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerl01problems

I must exict a 40 year old relative to prepare my house for sale. The person has been there many years, pays no $ to me. No agreement signed, I ask for $ every few months. Relative pays for a phone & partial cable only. Refuses to do even basic kitchen duties, provides own food. Have gone to court filing Eviction/Landlord. Was dismissed by judge because no $ listed. One lawyer suggested filing a Unlawful..... (a form filed by an owner when a renter has an unwanted guest or you want someone off your property). Another lawyer said to file an eviction notice to the person giving 30 days to vacate and then go back to court with Eviction/Landlord filing, listing $ owed (same process as I did before) but I do not want any $ back, this person is without funds. Any court action filed by self is $100 plus court costs. Using any lawyer is approximately $800-1,000. When I asked the last lawyer about Unlawful residency? they said to just do Eviction/Landlord again. I explained that it was thrown out, he would not sign it and he said I had other options but would not tell me what they were. Who do I believe? I am in a catch 22. I am in my 60's being used by this relation, unable to find a job that I can do because of bad health. Thanks for any help.

Unlawful detainer is the term I think you wish to use. Yes, it'll cost you another $100.

You want this deadbeat out. Are you willing to allow $100 to stand in your way of selling your home and removing this deadbeat from your life?

If you are strapped for cash you can ask the court about a fee waiver. Depending upon your own income and expenses you may not have to pay the fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back