BTW, keep relying on AI and you are guaranteed to screw yourself.
You mean the Experian chatbot? It is something I had to try....
You said you would call the utility company to see if it's a valid debt. Why don't you do that and see what they can do from their end?
Will call them on Mon. In...
Nice.
The item listed on my Experian online report does not have a "dispute" button.
I asked the AI chatbot what to do, and I was directed to the Experian dispute center.
The item in question is not listed there.
The chatbot told me to call the main number, which I did.
The AI phone bot told me...
Thank you.
"Requesting validation of the debt through the credit bureau"
Wasn't even considering that.
If the debt has been recalled, then it is no longer in collections, correct? If so, then the item that sits on my report should no longer be there, correct?
Long story, but a debt collector flagged my Experian credit report as in collections a few months ago.
Feeling this was in error, as my old utility company never contacted me, I filed a complaint with the state. The collection agency sent a letter to the state, stating that the utility company...
Anywhere, USA
Just heard a story - which apparently happens from time to time - about a builder pulling out of a contract, leaving the prospective owner with no new house. The prospective owner put down some money as a down payment (which was refunded), had the house built, and 1 wk before...
I am an individual.
Is that true? If I hire a contractor to remodel my bathroom, I dont have send them a 1099?
That seems to answer my above Q as "yes":
For each person to whom you have paid at least $600 for the following during the year
Services performed by someone who is not your employee
Assuming $600+
If I hire a business - one with a retail location - to come to my house and do some work, do I 1099 them?
What about a private contractor, who, in theory has a business, but no retail location?