Attacked by Mentally Ill Bro. of Landlord, Now Retaliating Against Daughter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

agebod

Daughter's fiance owns trailer home, and rents property behind landlord's home. She has lived there with him for twelve years. Can landlords evict my daughter from her fiance's home, saying "she" owes back rent? She is not the renter. He is! He was in arrears, but they are not trying to evict him. He had already agreed to do a job for them, and has completed it. So he is caught up on all back rent. Through the 22 years he has lived there, he often does work in exchange for paying rent.

It's obvious, after two home-made eviction notices tacked to fiance's door, these people have learned you cannot just evict a person without cause, so they have added the late rental excuse on "her" eviction notice! Not his! His name does not appear on the eviction notice. He has done too much for them throughout the years he has been there! (Believe me, they owe him more than he ever has owed them!)

This whole eviction problem is all done in retaliation for my daughter calling the sheriff after the woman's 50 year-old mentally insane brother physically attacked and beat my daughter a couple of years ago. He has been recently released from prison/mental institution for that attack, and moved back to the property.

I know...why are they still living there!!! They are looking for a place now. It's difficult with their animals! She carries her mace, and her dog is at her side at all times.

But can they evict "her" from her partner's home, making a false claim that she owes them rent? They didn't choose an amount she owed them for the twelve years she has lived there...I don't know how they came up with the arbitrary figure she supposedly owes now!

This harassment has been ongoing since the brother returned, and has obviously been off his medicine. He is beginning to become aggressive once again!

I would appreciate any advice on the legality of evicting her, when she is there at the homeowners request...her fiance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back