Being evicted by landlord/lover

Status
Not open for further replies.

caras82

I am single woman having affair with my married landlord who
I have been seeing for 8 years. Currently renting apartment from him (which he owns) for past 3 months. Late with rent one day for first time, which I told him I would be, and he mails me pay or quit notice. Have 5 days to pay or move out. When I asked him about it he did not say anything. I really can't believe he would take me to court for fear of what I will say about him and me and yes he visits me all the time at this apartment. I know this is business, but I am so angry at him right now, I don't know what to think or do anymore.

What you do is realize that this guy is going to keep his business and his sex life separate.

What do you expect if you become involved with someone who is married?

Gail

Should have known

Should have known not to ask for advice here, that people are going to judge me for the "husband stealer" I am. It takes two you know.

He was doing what many landlords do legally; if a tenant is late with the rent, the process of eviction (which typically begins with a "Pay or Quit" notice) is initiated.

Your problem is that you, somehow, expected some type of extra consideration because he is also your lover.

What you've now learned is that he can very easily keep his business and his private life separate.

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back