Breach of Privacy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjalove

Long story short, since it doesn't pertain to my question. I'm in the middle of a BBB claim against my landlord over noise complaints that havent been dealt with. During the communications via the BBB, this statement came out from my landlord:

10. We have heard this resident is currently out of work; which may be the reason he wants out of a lease.

and this statement via email from the community manager:

5. This is coming to a head now that we have found out that you have lost your job.

There is no way they could have "heard" this, because I just recently started my 100 day layoff (I'm a Microsoft contract worker), and not even my closest friends or family know that I've started my break yet.

Is this a breach of my privacy? How could they have found this out, and is there anything I can do about it? Thank you so much in advance!

No one here knows how they found out about this. However, the information that Microsoft is laying off a number of workers hit the news sometime last week.

Nevertheless, there is really nothing illegal about this and thus nothing you can do about it (I'm assuming you might be wondering if you can sue someone over this).

Gail

Contract workers at Microsoft can only work 1 year, then must take a mandatory 100 days off before they can restart their assignment. So this had nothing to do with the layoffs. They would have had to do a background or credit check I'm assuming to find out I had just recently started this current layoff.

I just felt it was an invasion of privacy, and was wondering if it was something I could use in my attempt to get out of my lease with my current landlord due to other issues we're having within the apartment community. If it's not illegal for them to be going through personal life though, I suppose that idea is dead in the water. Thank you for your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back