can i own and sell a mobilehome without living in the park?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauramarti2000

i was recently gifted a mobile home but already own a home ad would like to sell the mobile home. well it turns out that the park is saying that i have no right to sell this property because i did not pre qualify to live there 1st and the previous owner had an outstanding debt of unpaid park fees. now the park is telling me that they are going to do a lockout on my home until i pay the past owners fees of 13,000dllrs. and they will not allow me to list this home or sell it until i pay the debt.how i this fair to me if i had nothing to do with it and now im stuck with a mobile home i cant live in or sell because its on there property.wouldnt that also mean that if they lock me out they are also trespassing on my home since i own the home? please help :(

I don't know the details and didn't see the deed. Regardless of what is right and what isn't, my guess is that the park will be able to put a lien on the home. Perhaps you were gifted this home for a reason - the owner knew that there was a huge debt to pay on the home. Your best bet is to speak to the park and see if you can work things out. If you have a buyer for more than $13K, then you're in luck. If you don't, then this "gift" was not really a gift and was just an "unload." After all, you didn't think that the original owner could just get rid of all the debt associated with the home by just "gifting it" to someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back