Class action eligibility

OceanSun

Jurisdiction
Florida
Recently, Philips was sued in a class action lawsuit regarding their CPAP machines. Apparently there was some part of the manufacturing process that would lead to foam inside the machine to deteriorate and come loose, and either block the airflow, or even allow small bits to be inhaled. They had a recall on these, which I took part in, and got a new machine, but I never had any issues with the old one.

A couple months or so ago, I got a packet about the class action lawsuit, but I didn't opt in because I hadn't had any issues, and looking over things, I didn't see that I would qualify. But, yesterday, here comes a check in the mail.

If I am entitled to settlement from this, then I'll happily take free money. But, if I'm not, then I'm not, and I'd be concerned about it being considered fraud. But, I didn't keep any of the info that was sent since I didn't opt in, and figured there was no need to. And I don't really know how to find out. In looking it up on the internet, I'm not sure who the attorney is that's handling the case to check with them, it comes up with a few different hits, but it seems like it's just information, or possibly multiple suits.

What would be the best way to go about finding this information out?

A couple months or so ago, I got a packet about the class action lawsuit, but I didn't opt in

VERY few class actions are of the opt-in variety. Rather, in most cases, if you're a member of the class, you have to opt out. The case to which you referred was not an opt-in case.

I didn't keep any of the info that was sent

You can get any info you need at the above link.

If I am entitled to settlement from this, then I'll happily take free money. But, if I'm not, then I'm not, and I'd be concerned about it being considered fraud.

If you did nothing, then it cannot be considered fraud.

Back