Code Violations

Status
Not open for further replies.

stellar09

We are renting a home that has several issues. All of which I have to spoken/written to the Land Lord. First is the deck is falling apart and there are several nails protruding all over and the railing is falling off. I have a 4 year old. Also, if a few adults were to get on this deck it would easily break because the boards are not the kind you would use for a deck. They cut corners. We have pest issues with mice in the garage (all year) and spiders and ear wigs in the summer. We have windows that are cracked and if any pressure was put on, it would break. Our Landlord IGNORES many calls and often times just plain never calls back. I called 4 times in 3 days to have him come turn on our swamp cooler because it was blazing hot and my 5 month old baby wasnt sleeping well and he just ignored the calls. I finally called the "owner" (land lord is just managing) and magically got a call and he said the messages "just showed up". He shows up with out warning and then when he schedules to show up he doesnt. So frustrating. Should we get a health/code inspection so there might be a change they would be forced to fix the issues?

You can call a health or housing inspector if there are code violations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back