Damage to the property by some contractors

Status
Not open for further replies.

prokni

Background: I am renting an apartment. A contractor (Which per my landlord, was not hired by him and belonged to one of the other apartment) were doing some Dish setup on the roof and caused damages. The rain leaked to my roof and did water damage. The property is not livable. I am staying with friend. The landlord is not taking responsibility for anything and asked me to deal with the contractors directly. Contractor accepted the responsibility but now I have to deal with their insurance. They started the repair but stopped. The insurance company wanted to do their research first. make the story short, the insurance adjuster called me and asked for the personal damage info etc. They send me the list. House has not been repaired. Any generic advice for me on how to deal with my landlord, contractors and their insurance? I have not signed anything and has not communicated my asks yet. I just asked for the repair to be done as fast as possible so I can move back in.

Should they pay for my rent for this period and also give me the housing? (They offered the hotel) What else? any other tip? Landlord seems to be totally out of this mess which is not fair!!! I am the one that has to deal with this hassle and follow-up etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back