filing a complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

To start off my neighbor is very nosy, rude, and wont mind her own business. My door stuck to the frame until recently so shutting it without noise was pretty much impossible. Whenever I would load up my son and work stuff for the day (I am in the Navy and work odd hours sometimes) it would take more than one trip. And whenever I would walk to the car, I would hear her slam her door like 5 or 6 times and then she would wait for me to come back even though she saw me drive away. I have told both my building manager and landlord this numerous times but they never did anything about it. Then one day, I was dropping off my rent with the building manager and she asked me to come inside to talk and I had no problem with it. She told me that I need to stop slamming my door. And I NEVER slammed my door on purpose. Sometimes the door still sticks but that's from it being closed all day. The neighbor also calls me a bitch and a brat all the time. Not that I really care except the fact that my son is always right there and she has a daughter who is a little older than my son. Then the other day when my neighbor called the building manager, she (the manager) showed up at my apartment ringing my bell and banging on my door and when I went to answer the door she was screaming at me and woke my son up. What should I do besides move out because I am already going to. Am I able to file a complaint against all 3 of them?

To start off my neighbor is very nosy, rude, and wont mind her own business. My door stuck to the frame until recently so shutting it without noise was pretty much impossible. Whenever I would load up my son and work stuff for the day (I am in the Navy and work odd hours sometimes) it would take more than one trip. And whenever I would walk to the car, I would hear her slam her door like 5 or 6 times and then she would wait for me to come back even though she saw me drive away. I have told both my building manager and landlord this numerous times but they never did anything about it. Then one day, I was dropping off my rent with the building manager and she asked me to come inside to talk and I had no problem with it. She told me that I need to stop slamming my door. And I NEVER slammed my door on purpose. Sometimes the door still sticks but that's from it being closed all day. The neighbor also calls me a bitch and a brat all the time. Not that I really care except the fact that my son is always right there and she has a daughter who is a little older than my son. Then the other day when my neighbor called the building manager, she (the manager) showed up at my apartment ringing my bell and banging on my door and when I went to answer the door she was screaming at me and woke my son up. What should I do besides move out because I am already going to. Am I able to file a complaint against all 3 of them?

Who do you suppose you would file a complaint with and what would be the basis of your complaint?

If you're active duty military, they could make more immediate trouble with your Chain of Command than you could ever caus ethem.

Have you officially informed the building manager about the door and the difficulty in closing it?

Have you asked them to look at the door and see if it can be repaired?H

At this point, its best to slow down, avid arguments, get the door fixed, or be very careful in closing it, and get a new apartment ASAP.

If you already intend to move then your problem is solved. Move and be done with it.
Let them be annoyed. Apparently you don't have much control over it. Don't stress over things you can't control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back