Foreclosure. Now new owner. Old landlord left behind personal property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnmedic

My rental house of 7 years was recently foreclosed upon. There is a new owner (the bank). Thank GOD my old landlady is GONE. Nothing but problems with her. She left behind some expensive power tools in the garage and expects her agent to come by in a month or so later to pick up these things for her (she expressed this prior to the auction). This stuff was in place here when I moved in, supposedly for maintenance purposes. I don't want her or her cronies here. I doubt I can just set this stuff outside because it might get stolen and I could be held liable for that. I'm thinking what I need to do is talk to the new owner (the bank) and see what THEY want to do with this stuff. I don't know if there is any special arrangement she may have made with the new owner (the bank) but this stuff is still in my way, taking up storage space I need. I'd keep it and sell it (or use it) if I could, but only if legally so.

Suggestions?

Last edited:
The junk she left behind now belongs to the bank. See what they want done with it. Then do as the bank says, not the old crone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back