Garage repair

Knr3110

Jurisdiction
Tennessee
Ok so if I ask permission to repair a garage door that I dented with my vehicle on a property that I'm living in, also providing info to the leasing company that one of my estimates included moving the garage door motor because the service company said it was not placed correctly when the house was built and I would always have problems out of the door... So I got the approval for repair from outside company from the property leasing company, but I went a cheaper route and just got the panels on the garage door replaced... 2 weeks later the motor goes out and chain is off track.... I submit a request for repair and the leasing company and owner refuse to repair motor due to the conversation and assumption that I moved the motor during the repairs that were made....I explain about going another route for repair, what are my rights, should I consult an attorney, are they responsible for the repair of the motor?

It might be easier if you used an authorized repair service and had the door (motor, too) replaced and installed professionally.

If you don't, your landlord might try to evict you plus charge you for the repairs.

Take the easiest route, mate.

It might be easier if you used an authorized repair service and had the door (motor, too) replaced and installed professionally.

If you don't, your landlord might try to evict you plus charge you for the repairs.

Take the easiest route, mate.
The service was completed by a licensed and bonded contractor... A garage repair company not some shade tree guy off the street

The service was completed by a licensed and bonded contractor... A garage repair company not some shade tree guy off the street

Alrighty then, but no one suggested you retained the services of a shade tree something or the other. Had you done so, the garage door might still be working. Beyond that, however, had you never damaged the door, it wouldn't necessitate being repaired.

The landlord's position is the door should be repaired.
It remains inoperable.
I suspect you'll be repairing it, or the landlord will charge you for the repairs initiated at his or her behest.

The minute you took on the responsibility of making repairs on your own you took on the responsibility of the whole door and its equipment.

Were I your landlord I would put a stop to your messing around with my property, get it fixed by my own contractor, send you the bill, and evict you if you didn't pay.

You have no rights here, only obligations.

The minute you took on the responsibility of making repairs on your own you took on the responsibility of the whole door and its equipment.

Were I your landlord I would put a stop to your messing around with my property, get it fixed by my own contractor, send you the bill, and evict you if you didn't pay.

You have no rights here, only obligations.

I second these emotions. LOL

Back