harassed and threatened by landlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladyvee69

I have a signed lease, pay rent on time, but being harassed by landlord about how often my boyfriend is there, claiming I don't pay rent and threatened to put me out even came ti my apartment arguing with me and refusing to leave telling me it's her property and I can't make her leave, had to call the cops on her twice in one day, just moved there in October of 2013 can't afford to move right now till lease is up, don't want to seem unstable. What are my legal rights?

I have a signed lease, pay rent on time, but being harassed by landlord about how often my boyfriend is there, claiming I don't pay rent and threatened to put me out even came ti my apartment arguing with me and refusing to leave telling me it's her property and I can't make her leave, had to call the cops on her twice in one day, just moved there in October of 2013 can't afford to move right now till lease is up, don't want to seem unstable. What are my legal rights?

Unless you are loaded and can afford to hire a lawyer, you can't enforce your rights.
But, you know how to call the police, so call them when uninvited guests (even a landlord) show up.

If necessary, you can even look into getting a restraining order against the landlord. Even if you aren't paying the rent you retain certain rights until legally evicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back