Harassment from neighbor

Mewold32

Jurisdiction
Michigan
Hi I have been living at my apartment for almost 7 years now and have no complaints most of the people didn't know I live in my apartment I keep to myself and talk to no one I am disabled I have a speech disability and learning disability I have a neighbor who move last July and been harassing me and banging on the floors and then goes and tell the landlord I am keeping him up with the noises but I am not it is the pipes in the walls goes off he bangs on the floors late at nights for 5 mintues then comes to my door walking me up yelling at me to knock it off I told him I am not doing anything he said yes I was I was doing it all weekend I was even home all weekend I came back home from a wedding Sunday and 18 people saw me and I even I have a video he said I am lying and he doesn't care what I said . I told the landlord what happened and she said she will talk to him she did and he went off saying that he doesn't like to be screw over while he is the hallway yelling also before he moved in there we're kids playing outside and now they don't because he has a dog he leaves outside in the back with no lease on him and then he goes back inside while he dog is outside by himself barking at the kids and when the guy comes out he yelling at the kids blaming them for his dog barking. He also been harass everyone in the complexe and landlord knows about and does nothing because he puts on a show for her that what the maintaince guy told me he caught him doing it I can tell you this I haven't had any sleep since he moved in for months and nothing is being done about it everytime the pipes goes off at night he bangs the floor while I am sleeping and now I see white spots now never before he move in I need help I have no money and no car I don't want to be homeless to because of my neighbor

When you see any dog running free without a leash, or chained up, contact you local animal services office.

In some jurisdictions, keeping a dog chained up violates local ordinances.
In all urban jurisdictions, dogs muct always be on a leash.
Call animal services, report the matter, the officer will investigate.

I never answer my door, unless I know who is coming.
Of course I have exceptions for my adult children and grandchildren.
Otherwise, you are under no legal obligation to anwer your door to hear a bully yell at you.
If the knocking, shouting, threats continue, try to record the,
But, always report the disturbance to the police.
You can't reason with bullies.
Therefore, don't try, report them, ignore them, any other response is foolish.

When you see any dog running free without a leash, or chained up, contact you local animal services office.

In some jurisdictions, keeping a dog chained up violates local ordinances.
In all urban jurisdictions, dogs muct always be on a leash.
Call animal services, report the matter, the officer will investigate.

I never answer my door, unless I know who is coming.
Of course I have exceptions for my adult children and grandchildren.
Otherwise, you are under no legal obligation to anwer your door to hear a bully yell at you.
If the knocking, shouting, threats continue, try to record the,
But, always report the disturbance to the police.
You can't reason with bullies.
Therefore, don't try, report them, ignore them, any other response is foolish.

I have reported to police and he told them I was lying on where I was and that I was home and wasn't but he is harass everyone in the apartment complex as well and the lanlord isn't doing nothing about it and I haven't even been sleeping right since he moved I can't even walk in my apartment without him going off to the landlord I did a complaint letter form also he is even yelling at this old lady to kept her tv down because his dog will bark she is her 80's but when cop came he told the cop it was my fault because I make noises so she turns her tv up and that's why his dog barks I said no that's true and I am not the only person he has harass the guy look at me like he wants to come after me but he didn't causes the cop was also he told the cop that he felt with police before and he knows the drill was what kind of paint he uses on cop car I am afraid to go sleep at night and walk in my apartment there is no cameras or guards where I live in a low income apartment he is telling lies that my apartment is mess to other people and it is not I need help and I am afraid on what to do :-(

I have reported to police and he told them I was lying on where I was and that I was home and wasn't but he is harass everyone in the apartment complex as well and the lanlord isn't doing nothing about it and I haven't even been sleeping right since he moved I can't even walk in my apartment without him going off to the landlord I did a complaint letter form also he is even yelling at this old lady to kept her tv down because his dog will bark she is her 80's but when cop came he told the cop it was my fault because I make noises so she turns her tv up and that's why his dog barks I said no that's true and I am not the only person he has harass the guy look at me like he wants to come after me but he didn't causes the cop was also he told the cop that he felt with police before and he knows the drill was what kind of paint he uses on cop car I am afraid to go sleep at night and walk in my apartment there is no cameras or guards where I live in a low income apartment he is telling lies that my apartment is mess to other people and it is not I need help and I am afraid on what to do :-(

If I were in your position, I'd move.

I'd rather be homeless, living under a bridge than allow anyone to abuse or bully me.

Good luck.

Back