Help, my tenants put up a pool without permission and all my grass in the yard is gon

Status
Not open for further replies.

elkejohnson

I have tenants out of hell. They been giving me so much trouble since they moved in. I so want them gone but I don't want to get myself in any legal trouble.

I recently reported flood damage and am trying to get a loan together to replace the floors in two rooms of the rental. they have been on my case since to move faster. they still have carpeting in the house so no problems there.

I had a new roof installed and checked the completed work before making payments. With that said, I entered the back yard to see all around the roof and noticed that there was no grass. Just mud. When going behind the house I also noticed a pool up and running in my back yard. Now I am thinking that perhaps they let out the water to fill in fresh water and this caused the flood in my house. Can't poof this of course, but I never gave any permission to put up a pool. They made so many changes to the yard I don't even recognize it anymore.

Do I have legal rights to evict? What should I put in the letter of eviction?

Please any suggestions would be very helpful. ::(

Do you have any other theories for how the flood happened? Was a plumbing problem discovered?
If not, the presence of the pool just might give you enough to support a claim for the tenant to compensate for the flood damage. Doesn't hurt to try. You don't need absolute proof- just enough to tip the scale one way or the other.

That said, it is unlikely you would have much success getting them to pay for the damage. If they have ruined the property and you at least suspect they are responsible for the flooding, go ahead and begin the eviction process to get them out. You can probably hang on to their deposit to put toward the flood damage and yard damage.

If nothing else just do not renew their lease when the time comes. No legal problems there. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back