Hollywood scion weighs 350lbs Lives in Cramped Motel Room While Family Lives in Luxury

army judge

Super Moderator
1726101711603.png
Family, as in relatives, can be very cruel.

Blood is said to be thicker than water, whatever the heck that means.

As far as THICKER, motor oil is thicker than water, too.

Its often wiser to banish those from your life who despise you, making it easier for you to thrive and improve.

You're free to choose your friends.

Relatives by blood don't necessarily equate to a very good friend.

Barbra Streisand and husband James Brolin live, predictably, in a swanky Malibu mansion surrounded by 3,000 rosebushes, dubbed an 'idyllic oasis' by an interior design magazine last year.

But for Brolin's troubled younger son Jess, home is a tiny motel on the outskirts of the artsy celebrity-favorite California town Ojai.

The 52-year-old – the brother of Men in Black and Avengers star Josh, 56 – was recently spotted outside the three-star Topa Vista Hotel, which sits on a busy highway opposite a coffee shop and a hair salon, exclusive DailyMail.com photos show.

The younger Brolin – who weighs upwards of 350lbs – was also snapped again last week while out and about in downtown Ojai waiting for a bus.

Jess, who is visibly overweight, was dressed in a black t-shirt with a Batman logo, a pair of baggy denim shorts and battered brown sneakers with a bandage around his left ankle.

His temporary new home, which boasts of having 'eight air-conditioned rooms' each with a flat-screen TV, on its website, is owned by LA nightclub mogul Steve Edelson, 64.

Photos of the property show modest but comfortable-looking rooms, all decorated with wooden paneling and squashy leather armchairs.

Calls to the Topa Vista currently go straight to voicemail where a message said: 'If you are calling for Topa Vista, we are fully booked at the moment.'

A source told DailyMail.com that the current guests, including Jess, have 'been there for a few months and will be there for a few months more'.

As modest as Jess's new home is, it represents a marked upswing in his fortunes.

In 2011, he was living out of a battered 1981 Toyota truck in the town after the trust fund he inherited from his mother ran out.

Jane Agee, the first of his father's three wives, was tragically killed in a car accident in 1995 – 10 years after her divorce from the veteran actor.

Three years later, after the truck fell apart, Jess began bedding down in the street and was also photographed raiding a dumpster for food.

At the time, a representative for stepmom Barbra said the family had attempted to help but had their offers rejected, adding in a statement: 'We have offered help and support, and continue to do so.

'We love him very much and want only the best for him.'

Reps for both James Brolin and Barbra Streisand did not immediately return DailyMail.com's requests for comment.

Despite the offers of help, Jess is still in temporary housing a decade on and has never attempted to restart his showbiz career which was limited to two films and a single period of prolonged employment which came in 2001 when he worked as a production runner on TV series Black Scorpion – a budget superhero series set in LA.

Jess's modest motel accommodation is in stark contrast to the luxury homes enjoyed by his famous family and the lavish residences he enjoyed as a child.

While dad James and stepmom Barbra have a palatial Malibu estate, brother Josh currently lives in a $7.1million six-bedroom farmhouse in Montecito – famously also the home of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, as well as Oprah and Katy Perry.

Along with the Montecito house, which has its own equestrian arena, Josh also owns a $3.2million five-bedroom home in Atlanta, Georgia, which he is currently renting out for $35,000-a-month.

As children, Josh and Jess were raised in the lap of luxury on a ranch in Paso Robles and then a mansion in Santa Barbara.

But despite their lavish surroundings, Josh has previously described himself as a 'neglected rich kid' whose wild teen years were spent stealing cars to fund a drug habit, in a 2014 interview.

He went on: 'It was Santa Barbara. It was the 80s. It was punk rock. You either had the children of rich, neglectful parents or children of poor, so it was a mix.

'But we basically grew up the same way. I've never seen a group like that before or since.'

He added: 'I mean, I never got into it [drug use] and I never died from it, which is a good thing.

'I've had 19 friends who died. Most of those guys I grew up with, they're all dead now. The group of guys that I grew up with, 37 of them are dead.'

In an interview with GQ this year, he doubled down, telling the magazine: 'Twelve are in jail. Four are in jail and also dead. I keep careful count, all 37 dead guys. I'm from a tough environment, ya know?'

1726101500563.png

Yeah, well I thought liberals liked taking care of the poor, neglected and sick. Maybe that was just as ruse?

Offering all the help in the world doesn't do any good for those unwilling to take it. The article ArmyJudge posted mentions that Josh had that problem, too: he refused offered help from his family. A significant part of the homeless population falls into that category. Many of those who refuse offered help have some kind of mental disability that interferes with the efforts of others who try to help them, whether paranoia, irrational distrust, or whatever else. If you live in a rural area you are much less likely to see these folks, much less interact with them. If you live in a large city, particularly in downtown areas, the problem is much more apparent. I've seen a lot of efforts over the years by both government agencies and private charities trying to get them into a better living situation and to the point where they are able to support themselves. It's very challenging. The government can't force them to take the aid, can't force them to help themselves. The decisions of the federal courts have made that very clear. The result is that the policy for this group ultimately comes down to forcing them to move someplace else, either another neighborhood or city, when residents get tired of homeless tent cities and the problems that go with them. It's sad to see.

Offering all the help in the world doesn't do any good for those unwilling to take it.
Truer words were never typed.

Addiction, alcoholism, mental health, as well as failing health, diabetes, obesity, illiteracy, and propensity for committing criminal misdeeds, and no moral compass perpetuates homelessness, addiction, failing health, and mental health issues.

Knowing one's life can lived for far better pursuits can be a start. My church group is trying, but at times these problems seem unsurmountable. Most of these troubled folks lack a strong parental/guardian influence from a very early age.

All a concerned community can do is keep on trying, helping the few folks who want to improve their lot.

Back