How Much Should I Sue My Landlord For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbstrACt

Hello- I am hoping this forum might be able to help me.

I want to sue my previous landlord. We did our move-out inspection on August 3rd. It took her two hours by-the-way, to meticulously go over every nook and cranny with a video camera! We had accidentally packed up 3 of the stove knobs (we would take them off because we had an active 2 year old). I told her I would run to Home Depot and grab some and she said, "No, we're done."

I requested on our 30-day notice that she return our deposit in full to our new address. We called her on Sept 7, and asked her when we would be receiving it and she told us she sent it on the 1st. Our full deposit was $900. We received $573.50 on September 9. We left the place in great condition, we had the carpet cleans for $220.

Her deductions in my opinion, are uncalled for. She charged us $150 for stove knobs, $75 for trash that we already arranged and paid for to be picked up, and $50 for a garage door opener we never received from her.

I would like to sue her for remainder of our deposit. I have a friend who keeps telling me I should be suing her for more than that. Interest, childcare, and mileage (we live 120 miles away from her now).

How much money can I sue her for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back