i was driving a go-kart

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMAGS

i built my children a go-kartand was testing it on my neighborhood street.just after 8 am on a weekday i pulled into the streeton the right shoulder.i was only doing about 10-12 mph.i wend 10-12 housesdown and was looking over my left shoulder for cars cominf uo from behind,as i was going tp turn around.there was a car coming. as i looked in front of me to look for a clear spot tp pull over i took my foot off the gas and was about to do so but . checking once more over my shoulder she struck meon the side then over my front wheel and the cart fliped over. even with a seat belt and a roll bar i was pretty banged upi was mthe one who got a ticket just b 4 i went to the hospitali ynsafe turn. { she said i turned in front of her} the cop mis understood what i said when i said i looked left . and i was ticketed for expired lic and driving a off road vehicle on the street, i know this lady was late for school -she is a teacher, and she was doing about 30-35 mph and the speed limit is 15 when chikdren are presant. question. i have n medicle ins and my bill is about 7000. do i have a caseat all here. i understand i was at fault for driving it on the street but she was speeding and hit me from behind thanks joe

I'm having a hard time visualizing what happened here ... you say she struck you on the side over your front wheel, then you say you were hit from behind.

Since I cannot visualize what happened, I don't know what help I - or anyone else - might be. Your only hope might be to sue her for damages. However, with an apparently unfavorable police report of the collision, I doubt you will have much luck with that.

You might consider consulting an attorney.

- Carl

I Appologize For Not Being A Lil More Clear. She Was Behind Me On The Street. She Either Didnt See Me Or She Was Passing Me . Either Way She Hit Me ,i Didnt Turn Into Her. Im Not Trying To Get Ricj Here. What I Really Would Like To Happen Is To Just Get My Medical Bills Handledif Possible. The Pain And Suffering For Being In Bed For Three Weeks... Well If So Fine If Not Ok Too. I Know I Was At Fault As Well, However What If That Was My Tenager, And She Wasent Paying Attention. Also Can I Get A Ticket For Unsafe Turn In A Gokart And Have It Affect My Driving Record? Thanks Again .joe

I don't think you mentioned your state here, so I can only guess on the laws. But, I think it is safe to assume that you're driving an unregistered vehicle can result in a citation that will effect your driving record.

You may have to consult an attorney or head to small claims court to attempt compensation for any damages. But, with that collision report against you, you are in deep doo-doo.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back