I’m being investigated by dcf for child abuse and I don’t understand what was told to me because I’m disabled

Anthonypro40

Jurisdiction
Florida
I have neurological disorders that affect my speech and sometimes my understanding. I had a dcf worker come to the house and he spoke to my children and my wife, when he tried to speak to me I didn't understand him and ask for help with an auxiliary aid
And was told there is no such thing. I asked him to have low enforcement come also he should he would call but never did, after telling him mutiple times I didn't understand he got angry and started to yell at me. My wife told him to please stop yelling at me as I am disabled and don't understand. I finally called the police myself and went outside to wait for them, he immediately tried to leave but law enforcement arrived and he would not continue the interview

You never have to let DCF into your house unless they have a warrant.

Of course, your wife can let them in if she has a problem.

It might be a good idea to talk to an attorney. Once DCF gets involved it rarely ends well.

You never have to let DCF into your house unless they have a warrant.

Of course, your wife can let them in if she has a problem.

It might be a good idea to talk to an attorney. Once DCF gets involved it rarely ends well.
I have spoken to two different attorneys and they said to just leave it alone for now, that per Ada guidelines Emmy rights were violated and the worker knows that and shouldn't come back

Why did DCF come to your house in the first place?

Did your wife make a complaint?

Did somebody else make a complaint? Relatives, teachers, doctors, etc?

Dcf got a complaint saying I use marijuana. We believe it's our neighbor who has a no contact order for missing using 911 and reporting a fake crime on me. I do have a medical marijuana card and sometimes drink alcohol. I know dcf interview the other neighbors around us and they told them it was her and that she harasses everyone on our street. She is a paranoid pyschfenic. The worker was Haitian and I couldnt understand his speech, that's why asked for aid

Also they spoke to both my children and my wife, with my permission, I was the one that couldn't understand him but he would not allow them to help communicate.

Also they spoke to both my children and my wife, with my permission, I was the one that couldn't understand him but he would not allow them to help communicate.

Be very cautious and restrain yourself from making racial, ethnic, religious, gender, or sexual descriptions.

These topics and associated generalizations have become TABOO these days!!!

Heck, be careful when using GENDER D3SCRIPTORS, they prefer we use terms like PERSON, PEOPLE, HUMAN BEING, etc...

Be very cautious and restrain yourself from making racial, ethnic, religious, gender, or sexual descriptions.

These topics and associated generalizations have become TABOO these days!!!

Heck, be careful when using GENDER D3SCRIPTORS, they prefer we use terms like PERSON, PEOPLE, HUMAN BEING, etc...
I did and just said I couldn't understand and I have a spinal cord injury but my wife wants me to cal him and try to talk to him, and explain why I was frustrated

Just to update he came back to my house with his supervisor. I had written on a piece of paper they have to follow the law. His supervisor confirmed with him what he was doing wasn't legal. They said they will get the Ada forms and allow to interview with his boss and have a companion with me according to law. I also decided after talking to my doctor I will comply with the test but not a field test only in a lab that can handle it and not the worker

Back