Indiana Landlord Trying to Evict us because of ESA Animals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SophiaHadez

Jurisdiction
Indiana
My Landlord has already given us notice to Vacate saying that we have broken the lease agreement when there has been noting that my husband has signed since 2014

Saying the cause is not keeping the place clean and tidy and keeping pets on the premisies when the lease says no pets

My Husband has had Cats in the house since 2014 and even had a small dog until 2022 and the landlord had never said anything to him before we got the emotional support animals with an ESA letter from my regular family doctor the landlord has made no attempts to follow the Fair Housing Act or Reasonable Accommodation which the law states would apply in this case since it is a disability

Also the Landlord has brought in a Fire Hazard to where we live, Has not made repairs to the inside of the house that we told him about for the past 2 years, When he has made repairs it has taken over 1 year to do those repairs

Just as a note, the poster states (on another site) that there are 2 dogs that are ESA and 3 cats that are not ESA. In other words, the poster has pets in violation of the lease.

Cool story. Do you have a question?
The "questions" can be found on OP's thread down the street. ;)

But, basically, OP was looking for cheerleaders to tell her that the landlord is scum and she and hubby are absolutely within their rights to bring a bunch of cats and dogs to LL home to live.

And, apparently, the "boss" of legal aid is fighting the "good fight" for OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back