just bought a car

Status
Not open for further replies.

leviwicker

So I just bought a car from a dealership. I financed through them. Everything got done. We signed the papers, and i drove away with the car. Now I did not put the down payment on it though, because they were suppose to take it out of my account a couple of days later. Well it has been about a week, and they got ahold of me saying that the lender bailed because they did not know that I was a temp to hire at my work. I told the dealership I was a temp, is it my fault that they did not write it down? We signed all of the papers and everything.

They said that now they want a co-signer which is good and all but most people I know do not have as good of credit as me and they want someone with at least as good as mine. They did not take the down payment out of my account if that makes any difference. I am just wondering that since we got all of the papers signed and everything, and since I have the car and have had it for a little while now, can they say that I have to do this? It would seem to me that they messed up, should they not of checked all of that before we signed the papers?

If anyone could help me a little here I would appreciate it greatly. I am just trying to find out if they can make me do this or not. Thanks alot!

So I just bought a car from a dealership. I financed through them. Everything got done. We signed the papers, and i drove away with the car. Now I did not put the down payment on it though, because they were suppose to take it out of my account a couple of days later. Well it has been about a week, and they got ahold of me saying that the lender bailed because they did not know that I was a temp to hire at my work. I told the dealership I was a temp, is it my fault that they did not write it down? We signed all of the papers and everything.

They said that now they want a co-signer which is good and all but most people I know do not have as good of credit as me and they want someone with at least as good as mine. They did not take the down payment out of my account if that makes any difference. I am just wondering that since we got all of the papers signed and everything, and since I have the car and have had it for a little while now, can they say that I have to do this? It would seem to me that they messed up, should they not of checked all of that before we signed the papers?

If anyone could help me a little here I would appreciate it greatly. I am just trying to find out if they can make me do this or not. Thanks alot!

This happens more than you might know.

Yes, if the lender seeks additional surety, they can ask for it.

If you fail to comply, you won't get the car.

You could offer to pay more money down, and that might help.

Otherwise, without a co-signer, you should take the car back to them.

If you don't, this will turn sour for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back