Landlord/lease company will not let us lease

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiddy

My friends and I were interested in a lease that the ad. said was available on May 7th. We paid for a credit/background check and passed on the 5th. It is now the 11th, and they are not returning calls and theyrelisted the ad yesterday the 10th. They get $$ every time someone puts in an application and this is really not fair. I do not know what to do. We are students at the state university in Monterey California. Each of us had a full time job. I feel that they are not giving the place to us because of our age.

Any ideas would be grateful.

Thanks,
James

Most universities can usually offer assistance and advice in these matters.

Ask about housing assistance and rental assistance on your campus.

There can be many reasons why a landlord/management will not accept an applicant. You may be working but your income is too low to meet their income requirements. Same with your credit history. They may have checked with former landlords and found issues with you paying on time. They may simply not want students living in their rentals (and being a student is not a federal protected group).

You mention being charged for the screening. When I run checks on folks who apply for my rentals, I am charged for this.

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back