Landlord requirement to provide heat in foyer.

Tenant64

New Jersey. I live in a multidwelling apartment complex for the past five years. This morning, the landlord removed the radiators from the front and rear entranceways of the building. I'm referring to the common area, outside of the apartments but inside the building. Is the landlord required to provide heat in these areas? Thank you.

New Jersey. I live in a multidwelling apartment complex for the past five years. This morning, the landlord removed the radiators from the front and rear entranceways of the building. I'm referring to the common area, outside of the apartments but inside the building. Is the landlord required to provide heat in these areas? Thank you.

I suggest you pose your question to the local building inspection agency.

Logic tells me that such heat wouldn't be required in July.
But, see what the building inspections authority has to say.

Yes, of course it's not required or needed in July. I'm referring to when the winter months arrive! The situation presented itself now because the radiators were removed this morning.

Yes, of course it's not required or needed in July. I'm referring to when the winter months arrive! The situation presented itself now because the radiators were removed this morning.

Hence my first sentence, start by contacting your municipal or county building inspections, or speak to the management of the complex or landlord directly.

Back