Landlord Threatens To Kick Me Out B/c Unruly Tenant

Status
Not open for further replies.

singlemom29

Hello All,
Please help, I could really use your help. I live in a 2bedroom apt with washer and dryer connection upstairs and have lived there for 18 months. I have a 2 children, a 3 year old (boy) and 5year old (girl). Situation-- my downstairs neighbor complains that my children are making too much much noise and my washer and dryer is too loud. So, the landlord calls me and saids I need to keep it down and if it doesn't we will have to do a transfer to move to a downstairs unit. I told her that I wouldtry and keep it down and that is fine to move, as long as it has washer and dryer connection and for the same price. She said okay, as soon as we find one I will let you know and will not charge you any transfer fees. All the while, the downstairs neigherbor is harrassing me, banging on the ceiling anytime she hears noise that is unsuitable to her. She has called the security numerous times, to where he rudely walked in my house and yelled at my children. Then she calls the cops and claims I am playing loud music, which is not me, but the next door neighbor to the right of me. And comes to my door and threatens me. So, I receive another call from the landlord, stating well I cannot find an apartment with washer/dryer connection for you and tells me, I will either have to move off of property, move to at 2 brdm without washer/dryer connections, or move into a 2 bdrm with washer/dryer conections and pay more money. After she verbally told me I would be able to move into the same type apartment for the same price. Now, please tell me what rights do I have, can this tenant continuously harrass me like this and can the landlord just throw me out. Now, be mindful, I have not said anything rude or insulting to this tenant or landlord and have been civil. Its just me and my two kids trying to get by. Please help this single mom, I mean what can I do?

If the downstairs neighbor continues to complain...and your lease covers issues of noise...your landlord may have no option but to begin the eviction process.

She has offered you several options so it does appear as if she is trying to take care of the situation.

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back