Lease break because of Florida Building code break?

Status
Not open for further replies.

labFFX

Hi:

I have a lease signed for one year already. I need to to break the lease and the landlord is trying to scary me telling me that he is going to sue me if I break the contract.

The landlord does not want to get into any agreement and I need to leave.

I would like to ask:

if my house does not comply with Florida codes like Plumbing and NO SHUTTLE in windows for husrricane protection, can I break the lease?

If I can not break the lease can I force any how my landlord to install the shuttles and change plumbing due to security reasons?

please advise. In my house I do not have shuttles and there are thing that do not comply to Florida Building codes, can I force my lanlord to install them or force him to break my lease because of that?

Thanks in advance

pLease advise

Tell the landlord to install the plumbing and shuttle. See what he says. With regard to the lease, you'll have to pay something if you break it. You might do best telling the landlord that you won't be able to pay for it so he should mitigate damages and you'll help re-rent the place. Provide him with a substitute tenant that is satisfactory. See how it goes. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back