Lease

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkesmom

Ok sorry to bother you again, however I now have another question, I moved into an apartment in December signed a lease that said we were only allowed 2 dogs however later we acquired another dog (due to mothers illness) I told the property manager that worked here at the time and he said that that was not a problem ( he stated because the dog weighs less then 5 lbs) now the secruity of the development (not even the new property manager) (the other one was fired) says that I have to get rid of one of the dogs. If I have been allowed to stay can they still evicted. Mind you I have pretty much been living here since January with 3 dogs and so they can say they have not seen because they are walked 3 times a day.

Yes, they can take you to court and bring an eviction action against you.

They don't have to bring that action at your leisure.

They can ignore the alleged breech the first time they see it.

You in fact, have no proof of what they saw or knew.

Trust me, if it isn't in writing, in court they'll deny it!

They can wait months to bring an action of this type.

You have no defense in saying they knew about it, so they accepted it.

You have the dog.

The dog is not allowed.

Get rid of the dog, forthwith, or be prepared to defend an eviction suit that you will surely lose!

Even if it is not the development stating I have to get rid of it just some hired night secruity? In the lease it does state that no secruity os associated with the development that it is a private company, and that it is not for our protection.

Even if it is not the development stating I have to get rid of it just some hired night secruity? In the lease it does state that no secruity os associated with the development that it is a private company, and that it is not for our protection.

The security company won't evict you.

They will write a report and give it to the property management.

The property management will then choose to evict you.

Dance with the devil if you dare, but the devil :dgrin will devour you.

I gave you my best legal advice.

It isn't "fair" advice or "what if" advice.

It is legal advice.

It comes from 40 years of practicing law.

You are free to do as you wish.

Don't say I didn't warn you, when you come back asking how to stop an eviction action! :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back