Leasing issues/ Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladybugpinkk

I was a tenant at some apartments. I gave the apartment a 30 day noticed moved out and moved into my new place where I am currently. Recently find out they had put a eviction or claim on my credit. They are claiming that I did not turn in keys and that someone was living there knowing that it was not me. They are saying I am responsible for intruders being there so I owe them money for an eviction against me. Can this be true? am I responsible for intruders illegally living in the apartment. I gave a 30 day notice when my lease term was over moved out rent paid every month on time? Can I be evicted even though I moved out gave a 30 day noticed that was required with their approval. Please help?

Did you turn in your keys to the landlord/management?

Often the date one turns in the keys is the date used to determine when the tenant has vacated the unit.

Gail

Then the tenancy ends when the keys are given to management.

There are some strange things happening regarding this matter of an eviction on your credit history.

In order for one to get evicted, a court has to grant the actual eviction. In order for this to take place, all parties involved (including the former tenant) must be served notice that a claim for an eviction has been presented to the court. This notice gives all parties involved the chance to present their argument for (or against) the eviction at the hearing for such.

Gail

Yes. They have done some illegal stuff! I'm going to the same court house they filed and have them pull up the records. I was never served papers. How can they evict you when you moved out with notice. Do You think thats the best thing to do? I have proof showing that I gave them notice to move. Whats the best way to get this removed? They are claming cause people was still there. The squatters are not on my lease (not my fault). I was the only one on my lease.

Thanks once again!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back