lockout

tonyaleigh

I've lived in a weekly apt, they called a motel. I was two days late with a balance of 100 from previous week. They changed my lock and will not give any belongings to me. Can she hold my belongings? I also put a 100 deposit which I didn't know if its refundable. Can they do this? And can they keep my stuff

I've lived in a weekly apt, they called a motel. I was two days late with a balance of 100 from previous week. They changed my lock and will not give any belongings to me. Can she hold my belongings? I also put a 100 deposit which I didn't know if its refundable. Can they do this? And can they keep my stuff

Hotels, generally, are covered by (and operate under) laws which permit them to boot "guests" much easier than can landlords boot tenants.

Your property should eventually be returned to you. You might want to see if the local police can advise you further, or a local lawyer.

http://lawdigest.uslegal.com/travel/hotel-liability/7315/

Last edited:

Hotels, generally, are covered by (and operate under) laws which permit them to boot "guests" much easier than can landlords boot tenants.

Back