maintenance entered without permission

Status
Not open for further replies.

bella1977

First, please don't be rude..I tried asking advice and got attacked by people.
I have and always have had a DO NOT ENTER on my apartment unless Im home. Someone tried to break into my last apartment so of course now I have issues. The complex knows this and I have always scheduled appointments with them. I had one this week regarding my faucet. It is not leaking..just broken. The maintenance man came out but did not have the parts. Said they would come in soon and to make an appointment. I tried but the office didn't know when they would be available.
That Saturday, while I was is bed someone knocked on my door and I didn't ask. Then the maintenance man unlocked my door and walked in. I felt very violated since I have said repeatedly do not enter. It is writing as well.
Is there anything can be done? Someone told me to ask for some kind of restitution?
Like I said, please don't be rude.. I am just unsure of what to do.

I'm sorry but you do not have the right not to let a landlord or their representative (in this case the maintenance man) enter the rental unit. They most certainly have the right to enter to make repairs.

You were aware that your faucet was broken (I'm assuming you reported this to managment). If so, this reporting began the process of having the broken faucet repaired.

I'm not certain why someone suggested you ask for restitution.

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back