Move out of the middle of the month

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhea0214

Here's the situation: I moved into an apartment (Sacramento, CA.) August 25, 2007 because the landlord said that we have to move in by that date. This particular apartment is considered for mostly students. I paid a worth of whole month's rent by the time I moved in and paid another month's rent at the beginning of September because they said that by the time I move out, then I do not have to pay for rent for the last month of the contract. But now, they want me to move out of the apartment by August 9 for some reason so it's like I am paying a whole month's rent for a two week stay. That's why I'm wondering if I can get part of my rent back. (I looked at the contract but they did not say anything about this situation.) Thanks in advance!

It says August 25, 2008-August 25, 2009...But I don't know why all the tenants are required to move out by August 9...

Your lease extends until August 25, 2009; that is the date you can vacate the property.

Now; if they wish to you to vacate early and provide you with prorated rent...and you agree to this...that is another story.

Very likely they wish to have you out so they can do some work on the place for new tenants coming September 1.

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back