My car did not pass inspection

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovingmyself2

I recently bought a 2005 Dodge Neon from a well known dealership Waterloo, Iowa. It had 92000 miles at purchase date. I noticed that after i bought the car that it made a bad griding noise when I turned to the left. Later after that I had a mechanic look at it. He pointed out that it was pre-wreck. He showed me that the hood of the car was not correctly put back on the vehicle, the front bumper on the drivers side was missing a beam and if you hit a bump hard enough that the headlights bounced. He said the reason why the headlights bounced was because the brackets on the drivers side was broken and there was 1 bracket broken on the passenger's side.

Do i have with reasonable evidence and with a lawyer that I could have case against the dealership that sold me the car?

lovingmyself2 said:
I recently bought a 2005 Dodge Neon from a well known dealership Waterloo, Iowa. It had 92000 miles at purchase date. I noticed that after i bought the car that it made a bad griding noise when I turned to the left. Later after that I had a mechanic look at it. He pointed out that it was pre-wreck. He showed me that the hood of the car was not correctly put back on the vehicle, the front bumper on the drivers side was missing a beam and if you hit a bump hard enough that the headlights bounced. He said the reason why the headlights bounced was because the brackets on the drivers side was broken and there was 1 bracket broken on the passenger's side.

Do i have with reasonable evidence and with a lawyer that I could have case against the dealership that sold me the car?

No.
You should have taken the car to a mechanic before you purchased it.

I recently bought a 2005 Dodge Neon from a well known dealership
Most used car sales are "As Is" and that is why you have a mechanic check it before you buy. This is also why some people purchase a carfax.

I would suggest purchasing the carfax to confirm the mechanic's indication of it being previously wrecked. Larger dealerships do not sell wrecked used cars, they auction them off to be sold by smaller dealers.

If your dealer is well-known and/or reputable as you say, you might try "embarressing" them into making an adjustment for you.

Prior to speaking with the dealer, get a quote from another reputable mechanic for the repair. Then see if the dealer will make the repair for free or at a much reduced rate. No harm in trying, but remember you have NO legal recourse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back