my lanlord broke my lease Help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

atrott

I live in phoenix az 85003 and my apartment complex has had 4 or 5 different management companies since i moved in a year and 3 months ago. each time te new management comes i get a bill that ishigher then my agreement and i have to call and go into office to keep showing them my original lease anhow they broke it!!
recently tried to resolve the issue and agreed to resign new lease august 1st for 7 mpre months;however the management hasnot honored my concessions and rent like they agreed as in my original contract. can i move out on these grounds and how much notice do i have to give them if they broke my lease?

I wouldn't move. I would notify them that they had better abide by the lease or you will sue them for damages. They will back off.

What are they not abiding by? Pay your rent as it states on your lease. If they try to evict you, you counter sue, you win.

Is your old lease still in effect? If so, management is legally bound to follow what is outlined in this lease, including the listed amount of rent.

If the old lease has expired, you are now considered to have a "tenancy at will"...in other words, a month to month renter. Management can then change the amount of rent; they do not have to honor the original lease.

If you sign a new lease the details of this (including rent) do not have to follow the original lease.

Please provide information as to whether or not you are still covered by the original lease.

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back