Neighbor harassment

H

harley5536a

Jurisdiction
Iowa
My neighbor has harassed me and my 11 year old son for 2 years now since I moved into the mobile home park. She yells and cusses out her window at my son if his ball rolls in her yard or he so much as steps one foot in her yard. She calls the park management to complain about us on a regular business. To make matters worse, the neighbor has moved in a registered sex offender. Our mobile park managers have told her the man can not live there with her and he needs to leave the park by 11 pm and is not allowed to return until 9 am. The neighbor has continued to allow the sex offender to stay there with her 4 year old daughter.

I have never said a word to this woman until I recently had to call police on her because her and the guy came onto my deck and threatened me and would not leave. A report was filed where the neighbor fully admitted to the guy staying there with her and her young daughter. Management has now told me they do not want to be involved anymore and if they hear another word from either of us again, we will both be evicted.

I chose to live in this neighborhood because they have strict rules and do not let people with criminal backgrounds to move into the park. I truly fear from my son and my safety because this man has a significant criminal history involving drug charges, assault charges, and sex abuse of a minor. What rights do I have? What do you recommend I do now since the park management will not evict her?

She yells and cusses out her window at my son if his ball rolls in her yard or he so much as steps one foot in her yard.

That's not harassment. Your son needs to control his ball and himself and not step into her yard.

The neighbor has continued to allow the sex offender to stay there with her 4 year old daughter.

Call Child Protective Services and report it.

I have never said a word to this woman until I recently had to call police on her because her and the guy came onto my deck and threatened me and would not leave. A report was filed where the neighbor fully admitted to the guy staying there with her and her young daughter.

Take out a restraining order.

I chose to live in this neighborhood because they have strict rules and do not let people with criminal backgrounds to move into the park.

Apparently you were misinformed.

What rights do I have?

Do you own the MH that you live in and rent the space for it, or are you renting it from someone?

Critical question as there are two sets of laws depending on your answer.

Back