Nightmare sublettor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcpetruk

A tenant sublet his room in a 3-bedroom apartment (with two other student leasors) to a woman who is mentally ill, involved with drugs, and harassing a roofing crew (she effusively hugged the guys on the crew, told them they were cute, asked for their phone number, said she didn't care if they were married, etc..., and then called me and told me she wanted to file a report with the police against them for sexual harassment. The first time I met her she grabbed me in a bear hug and told me I was cute as well!)
I know she is involved with drugs because she left a piece of paper out with a detailed list of the price and quantity of drugs she was buying. I saw it while doing repairs.
She's also filthy, filled a common room with boxes of old clothes, and leaves the doors unlocked when she goes out, endangering the other tenants.
The leasor who sublet to her is in Europe, will return in two weeks, when she is supposed to leave.
I want to be certain that she will, in fact leave. I plan to change all the locks on the doors after she goes.
Is it possible to make sure she leaves at the agreed time, and takes all her crap with her? On the appointed date, do I have the right to put her stuff out on the street or in a dumpster? Can I get a restraining order against her?
Appreciate any advice. I'm stressed out.
Petruk

You can't do anything to her.
You're a tenant, just like her.
Only the landlord can do the things you are suggesting.
Not the idiot who illegally or foolishly sublet to this nut, so he could help pay his foray into Europe!!!
And the LL can only do those things if a court evicts her.
If I were you, I'd put a lock on the door to my room.
Anything else you do, could end up costing you money.
If your stuff comes up missing, you can sue your landlord.

Get in touch with the landlord somehow.

Not the person who probably illegally sublet to this nutcase, but the person who owns the house.

The one to whom you pay rent.
I'm betting this creature won't voluntarily leave.
I suspect she will have to be evicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back