Political Humor and Satire - Guaranteed to Offend Somebody

If is a proven fact that I have spoken to the city park managers cousin who also manages the animal shelter that Haitians have not been eating the dogs and cats.

In other news, Springfiled, OH animal shelters are at the lowest capacity they have been in decades.

Just a coincidence.

Who will save our animal friends????

Animals deserve more protection than they have today. By becoming involved in this movement, you can make a huge difference in their lives.
A gorilla in his natural habitat

Non-human animals are all around us, even if they're more difficult to perceive in an increasingly urbanized world. In many cases, humans breed animals to be born on factory farms or in laboratories, where they're routinely poked, prodded, and exploited for human interests. Animal protection is a way to fight back against that exploitation.

Animal protection is a line of defense for non-human animals. But what exactly does animal protection mean, and why do animals need protection in the first place?

What does animal protection mean?

Animal protection generally refers to preventing, reducing, or eliminating the harms that humans do to animals. Animal protection can be broken into three categories:
  • Wild animal protection: Initiatives to protect and enable wild animals to live and thrive in their natural habitats
  • Animal welfare: Legislation and campaigns to protect animals under human control, whether within farming, research, or companion animal contexts
  • Animal rights: Advocacy to liberate animals from being used by humans at all

Why should animals be protected?

Science increasingly demonstrates that animals are far more sensitive, aware, and intelligent than humans have long believed. It's very likely that animals are aware of the conditions in which they're kept on factory farms, as well as the abuses they suffer during laboratory experiments—and this means a change in practices is long overdue.
Animals also play a critical role in the ecosystems and biospheres that make life on Earth possible for humans. Protecting animals—as well as the oceans, forests, and grasslands they inhabit—will help safeguard the future for all species, including Homo sapiens.

Is animal protection effective?

Animal protection can be incredibly effective. Change can happen through grassroots advocacy, by engaging with corporations to hold them accountable, or by lobbying elected officials to enact protective legislation. The Humane League has secured many victories for animals over the years. Below are a few examples of how animal protection can be effective at reducing abuses for millions of living beings:
  • Dunkin' Donuts, Costco, CVS, Walgreens, and more have all agreed to stop caging egg-laying hens using outdated and inhumane battery cages.
  • HelloFresh, Compass Group, Sodexo, and Delaware North have adopted policies to provide chickens with better living environments, reduce stocking density, and improve welfare during slaughter.
  • Coffee giant Starbucks agreed to adopt policies to improve chicken welfare by providing them with more space and less cruel slaughter methods.
  • Subway reformed its chicken welfare policies to implement better living conditions (including improved lighting and better enrichment), optimized stocking densities, and less cruel slaughter methods.
More and more companies are joining the ranks of large corporations making strides to improve the lives of the animals in their supply chains.

Federal animal protection laws

In the United States, there are numerous laws aimed at protecting both wild and captive animals. Though far from perfect, and in many cases difficult to enforce, these laws help inform the ways animals are treated by individuals and corporations.

Animal Welfare Act

The Animal Welfare Act (AWA) was passed into law in 1966 by the US government. The impetus behind the legislation was concern over the treatment of animals used in laboratory experiments, particularly the practice of vivisection, or surgery on living animals. Since its inception, the bill has expanded to include welfare issues within the animal entertainment industry, such as zoos and aquariums. The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) is supposed to enforce the act's mandates through investigations and by issuing citations and compliance reports.
"
Farm animals and laboratory animals are not protected under the Animal Welfare Act.
The AWA leaves much to be desired in terms of animal protection. Ironically, the animals who feature most prominently in laboratories across the nation—mice and rats—are excluded from the bill's purview. So too are farm animals, billions of whom die on factory farms and in slaughterhouses across the country every year.
Beyond these shortcomings, the USDA has been widely criticized for its failure to properly regulate exploitative businesses such as puppy mills, which are known to cause harm and welfare violations to animals. A 2019 study found that the agency issued 60 percent fewer violations of facilities such as zoos and laboratories when compared with the previous year.

Humane Methods of Livestock Slaughter Act

The Humane Methods of Livestock Slaughter Act mandates the "proper treatment and humane handling" of food animals when they are slaughtered. One of this act's most glaring omissions is the exclusion of birds, including chickens. The National Chicken Council (NCC) estimated that in 2018 alone, over 9 billion broiler chickens were killed in the US. This does not include turkeys, ducks, or spent laying hens, who are killed after their bodies no longer produce high volumes of eggs.
This massive exemption represents the glaring lack of farmed animal protection, and it allows for exploitative processes like live-shackle slaughter to take place in chicken slaughterhouses across the nation. This popular killing method requires chickens to be hung upside down with their legs clamped into metal stirrups, which often breaks their delicate bones. Chickens are then passed through an electrified bath designed to stun birds before their throats are slit and their bodies are thrown into boiling water meant to de-feather them. Live-shackle slaughter is notorious for the number of birds—half a million each year—who are not rendered unconscious by the electrified bath, thus remaining awake and aware for the duration of the process.

The 28-Hour Law

The 28-Hour Law stipulates that no animal can be transported for longer than 28 consecutive hours without being given food, water, and rest by temporary unloading. Transporting animals such as cows, pigs, and sheep is common within industrial agriculture since animals are often sent to different grazing pastures, or from feedlots to slaughterhouses. Since transport can be stressful for animals, this law aims to mitigate the more harmful effects, preventing animals from going without food, water, or rest for prolonged periods.

The Endangered Species Act

Passed in 1973, the Endangered Species Act is designed to protect species at risk of extinction and to conserve critical habitats. The act covers a wide range of animals, from whales to condors. Administered by the US Fish and Wildlife Service, as well as the National Marine Fisheries Service, the act maintains a list of over 1,600 species that are either endangered or threatened with extinction, and implements processes to curb further population decline. The Endangered Species Act is considered the world's strongest law for protecting biodiversity.
"
The Endangered Species Act is considered the world's strongest law for protecting biodiversity.

The PACT Act

The Preventing Animal Cruelty and Torture (PACT) Act was signed into law in 2019, making certain abusive behaviors towards animals a federal crime. The act was a corrective measure for an earlier bill that made it illegal to record animals being crushed to death, known as "animal crushing," without making the act itself illegal. However, as with the Animal Welfare Act, a long list of excluded human institutions—including laboratory research facilities and factory farms—prevent this act from making a difference for the vast numbers of animals suffering from welfare violations.

The Lacey Act

Originally conceived to protect game species from illegal hunting, the Lacey Act of 1900 has since evolved into legislation that prohibits any export, import, sale, purchase, or transport of species that violates states, tribal, or foreign law. Both plant and animal species are included within the Lacey Act, and it has been used to prevent illegal logging activities.

State animal protection laws

Beyond federal legislation, a great number of states have passed laws aimed at preventing animal cruelty throughout the US. Below are some of the more well-known laws.

Hot car laws

Left inside cars on hot days, companion animals such as dogs can quickly suffer heat exhaustion and even die from it. Over 30 states have passed some form of legislation, either prohibiting leaving animals in cars on hot days, or providing legal protection for people who witness these events and take action for the animal by breaking a window to save them.

Retail pet sale ban

Behind the glossy windows of retail pet stores are hidden stories of abuse. Many puppies begin their lives in puppy mills, facilities that keep dogs in unsanitary, cramped conditions and often cause long-term physical and emotional trauma for puppies. Around 300 cities and counties across the country have banned retail pet sales in efforts to disrupt the puppy mill supply chain.

Wild animal performance bans

Traveling circuses often force elephants, tigers, bears, and other wild animals to perform unnatural tricks for audiences. After the show, animals are held in crowded cages and often shuttled from city to city on tour. These conditions are what spurred over 30 states to ban wild animal performances in part or outright.

Anti-tethering laws

Anti-tethering laws commonly pertain to dogs, but they can also be applied to cats and other companion animals who have been chained or tied to a stationary object for a prolonged period. Around 23 states have passed various anti-tethering laws, with Massachusetts' regulations among the most stringent, setting the limit at five hours of tethering.

How to protect animals

There are many ways you can take action to protect animals in your community and country. Legislation plays an important role in maintaining animal welfare and furthering protection standards, so keep an eye out for progressive legislation in your area that you can support by contacting your local representatives, signing petitions, or participating in community events.
"
Contact your local representatives, sign petitions, and participate in community events.
For some simple things you can do to protect animals, see our Take Action page.

Conclusion

Local and state laws can play a large role in protecting animals, whether they live in the wild, on farms, in laboratories, or in your neighbor's backyard. Laws are constantly evolving based on scientific and public understandings, and as the years go on, legislation is becoming more progressive—however slow the process may seem.
The good news is, there are plenty of ways for you to make a difference today. A great way to get started? Speak up for the millions of animals suffering on factory farms. Call out companies that are needlessly contributing to animal abuse and demand that they do better for chickens by signing onto the Better Chicken Commitment. Together, we can end the worst abuses faced by animals today.

If is a proven fact that I have spoken to the city park managers cousin who also manages the animal shelter that Haitians have not been eating the dogs and cats.

Good for you, my friend.

I was able to connect with the 4th cousin of a guy who attended high school with a woman 30 years ago.

My informer told me, that someone told him, that not only were furry, little critters missing, the birds have suddenly disappeared.

You may want to consider that the Haitians, that are now fearing for their lives over this bullshit conspiracy crap, are human beings.

So, while you all make jokes these human beings are being attacked and vilified.

The illegal border invasion began day one that Biden took the oath of office.

Why anyone would willingly ignore our existing laws escapes me.

I've lived my entire life obeying laws, not breaking them, or encouraging others to break laws.

Our society is decaying.

I've lived my entire life obeying laws, not breaking them, or encouraging others to break laws.

Our society is decaying.
And yet Haitians, here legally, are being attacked and defamed. And, sadly, some people here think it's funny.

And if you want to stand by your morals, don't vote for a convicted felon, sexual abuser liar that tried to forcefully overturn an election he lost (by a landslide) causing the death of LEO.

And if you want to stand by your morals, don't vote for a convicted felon, sexual abuser liar that tried to forcefully overturn an election he lost (by a landslide) causing the death of LEO.

I don't lecture you on the person(s) you should vote for or support.

How you vote is entirely your choice, as it is mine.

As far as character, I've managed it very well, thank you.

I'd be very foolish to even suggest you vote for SoAndSo over SuchAndSuch.

Yeah, Trump has flaws but he would straighten this crap out in no time. As I predicted in 2020 I think Trump will not win this one. Probably should turn over the reigns to a younger Republican generation.

People are saying what about a civil way and this and that based upon the outcome of the election. This is a world issue, I look for Putin to initiate Nuclear Weapons if Harris wins, and then all those people who voted for the incompetent ticket of Harris/ Walz will get what they want. A nuclear holocaust like the world has never seen. Just because half of the people in this country were convinced into voting for an industrial war complex democratic party hell bent on power and non governance.

Our society is decaying.

they advertise on the South American radio stations and print Ads in newspapers saying come to America for $50-100k in cash. If you are living in a card board box in Brazil, who wouldn't come?

they advertise on the South American radio stations and print Ads in newspapers saying come to America for $50-100k in cash. If you are living in a card board box in Brazil, who wouldn't come?
How does one who must live in a cardboard box afford $50k-100k? Of course, it's possible that you really meant what you wrote ($50 to $100,000).

nd yet Haitians, here legally, are being attacked and defamed. And, sadly, some people here think it's funny.
I think you read or watch too much fake news and don't take the time to know what is fact or fiction.

I don't think there is anything funny about the Biden-Harris administration dumping over 15,000 Haitians immigrants in a city of only 60,000 residents since 2020. That is a 25% increase in population where the city has to house them, feed them, provide medical care, while all the time, taking jobs and resources away from the indigenous population. Were landlords throw long occupying tenants out of their rental houses to convert it into dormitories for the immigrants to live in. Harris says it was done under something she calls the Temporary Protection Act (TPS).

The TPS designation was created by Congress in 1990 to prevent deportations to countries suffering natural disasters or civil strife. The Homeland Security secretary can grant temporary protection for different nationalities based on conditions in their home countries. It's generally for a designated period, and people have to apply for the protection and prove they qualify for it. The protection also allows them to apply for a work permit. Harris-Biden lost track of 320,000 migrant children allowed to cross the border. I wonder how many Haitians they will lose track of and allow them to remain in the US indefinitely?

About 300,000 Haitians already in the US will now be eligible for temporary legal status allowing them to remain in the U.S. and work because conditions in the strife-torn Caribbean nation are considered unsafe for them to return. Biden and Harris have taken the TPS to new levels at the determent of US citizens. They are coming in droves, and it will continue if she is elected.

The mime that started this thread is about something that did happen. And if you listen to left-wing fact-checkers that want to make Trump out to be incorrect then go ahead. But it is happening.

Here is the tape of the police call.

Here is the police report.

I see you have the talking points down. But Trump is not a convicted felon until sentencing and that hasn't happened and is not likely to happen. The E. Jean Carroll case is he said she said and is under appeal. The J 6 case is not about what Trump said at his speech but what a mob did at the Capital and will be overturned in the Federal court and in Georgia. Two counts in the Georgia case have already been dismissed with more to come. All the cases including the NY real-estate case wil be overturned. All these cases were coordinated by the Biden-Harris administration. It will put a new word in the dictionary this year, lawfair.

You're wrong again. No police officers were killed, or death was caused by J6. 140 officers were reported injured. Of that number, 64 were reported to have contracted COVID. Many others were reported to have been treated for respiratory complications due to their use of pepper spray, and one died of natural caused the next day after suffering two strokes according to the autopsy report.

You should vote on facts not on feelings. There is too much at stake.

As a presidential candidate in 2019, Harris filled out a questionnaire saying she supported taxpayer-funded gender transition treatment for detained immigrants," the Time correction read.

That's the moron the lefties want running the country.

Good luck with that.

smh

Unfortunately for leftist zombies, I don't they still won't believe. Their lies are being exposed all over the internet, and the truths are being spoken. The ones that this reaches and makes a difference with will not be voting Harris/ Walz.

Back