Random inheritance from unknown person

Tim Carte

Jurisdiction
Europe
I recently received this email "Hello

Thank you for your email response concerning the inheritance. I would respectfully request that you keep the content of this email confidential and respect the integrity of the information you came by as a result. I contacted you after a long independent search. My name is Werner Skeris an Attorney and citizen of Germany, I am getting in touch with you regarding £1,000,000 Funds of my deceased client placed under a Private bank in Switzerland. He died without finalizing his will and since you share same last name with my late client and as no WILL or Next of kin document was ever filed with the bank formally; i am seeking your consent to present you urgently to become the beneficiary and Administrator of the deceased Estate.

Please note that this person might not be your known relative, but I want to nominate you because you share same last name with my late client. You should be aware that there is no cause for worry because the process of presenting you as the Administrator of my deceased client's estate will be done in accordance with the Inheritance Laws of Switzerland which will involve obtaining the Court probate validation papers.

I have an obligation to my late client to do this for without this process the inheritance would be taken over by the Supreme Court and released to the Switzerland Government coffers as unclaimed inheritance. As soon as you convince me beyond reasonable doubt that you will accept this offer and cooperate with me to make it work out , i will forward to you all the relevant papers and forms by email or fax on behalf of my firm. If we agree to work together without further delay with full cooperation, we can finalize everything within the shortest possible time.

I hope we can work together as partners to make this transaction come to fruition. Partnership is all about mutual understanding, mutual trust, mutual cooperation, mutual efforts /contribution and mutual benefits for all parties.

Note that this project was perfectly planned out before I contacted you, therefore I can boldly assure you that nothing will come short of success. But once again I want to ask; are you ready? I ask because there are two sides to a coin

In plain words I am nominating you to accept the responsibility of becoming the Administrator of the estate, which is, receiving the Inheritance Estate for the purpose of distributing it. The question here is, distributing it among whom? Well, i do not expect you to do this for free, so we propose that we share this Estate between you and my firm in the ratio; 45% for you and 45% for us and the balance 10% shared among various charity organization around the world as my client also wanted to do.

An opportunity like this hardly ever occurs where there is no identifiable heir to be named, so we implore you to understand the peculiarity of this matter, so please treat it as such. Unfortunately, we would not accept any involvement of any other lawyer seeing the peculiarity of the matter. I am assuming that this is acceptable to you, so please confirm that by providing the information requested below.

1, Your full names:
2, your private telephone numbers (office and mobile)
3, Your full address:

Please kindly re-confirm the above information in other for us to proceed."

I was wondering if any of this is remotely legal, if it's real, or if it's just some big scam to get my information

I recently received this email "Hello

Thank you for your email response concerning the inheritance. I would respectfully request that you keep the content of this email confidential and respect the integrity of the information you came by as a result. I contacted you after a long independent search. My name is Werner Skeris an Attorney and citizen of Germany, I am getting in touch with you regarding £1,000,000 Funds of my deceased client placed under a Private bank in Switzerland. He died without finalizing his will and since you share same last name with my late client and as no WILL or Next of kin document was ever filed with the bank formally; i am seeking your consent to present you urgently to become the beneficiary and Administrator of the deceased Estate.

Please note that this person might not be your known relative, but I want to nominate you because you share same last name with my late client. You should be aware that there is no cause for worry because the process of presenting you as the Administrator of my deceased client's estate will be done in accordance with the Inheritance Laws of Switzerland which will involve obtaining the Court probate validation papers.

I have an obligation to my late client to do this for without this process the inheritance would be taken over by the Supreme Court and released to the Switzerland Government coffers as unclaimed inheritance. As soon as you convince me beyond reasonable doubt that you will accept this offer and cooperate with me to make it work out , i will forward to you all the relevant papers and forms by email or fax on behalf of my firm. If we agree to work together without further delay with full cooperation, we can finalize everything within the shortest possible time.

I hope we can work together as partners to make this transaction come to fruition. Partnership is all about mutual understanding, mutual trust, mutual cooperation, mutual efforts /contribution and mutual benefits for all parties.

Note that this project was perfectly planned out before I contacted you, therefore I can boldly assure you that nothing will come short of success. But once again I want to ask; are you ready? I ask because there are two sides to a coin

In plain words I am nominating you to accept the responsibility of becoming the Administrator of the estate, which is, receiving the Inheritance Estate for the purpose of distributing it. The question here is, distributing it among whom? Well, i do not expect you to do this for free, so we propose that we share this Estate between you and my firm in the ratio; 45% for you and 45% for us and the balance 10% shared among various charity organization around the world as my client also wanted to do.

An opportunity like this hardly ever occurs where there is no identifiable heir to be named, so we implore you to understand the peculiarity of this matter, so please treat it as such. Unfortunately, we would not accept any involvement of any other lawyer seeing the peculiarity of the matter. I am assuming that this is acceptable to you, so please confirm that by providing the information requested below.

1, Your full names:
2, your private telephone numbers (office and mobile)
3, Your full address:

Please kindly re-confirm the above information in other for us to proceed."

I was wondering if any of this is remotely legal, if it's real, or if it's just some big scam to get my information

This is a rather novel, but poorly contrived twist on the dead Nigerian, or was it Kenyan prince SCAM.

These things are easy to spot.

The dummy claims a German national left £1,000,000 British Pounds in a SWISS Bank.
The Swiss use the Swiss Franc, always have for centuries.
Even if the alleged German national deposited £ is the Swiss bank, they'd have been converted by now.

Lawyers, REAL lawyers don't troll the Internet seeking a person with the same last name (WHICH WAS NEVER REVEALED TO YOU) to split an inheritance with, do they?

I could go on, but I'm sure you see this for what it is by now.

Have yourself some fun, I do.

I supply fictitious information, and await the response.

I kept one scammer engaged for three months with false information, and questions, lots of questions.

Don't ever give away your personal details to unknown people in person or via the 'net.

This is a rather novel, but poorly contrived twist on the dead Nigerian, or was it Kenyan prince SCAM.

These things are easy to spot.

The dummy claims a German national left £1,000,000 British Pounds in a SWISS Bank.
The Swiss use the Swiss Franc, always have for centuries.
Even if the alleged German national deposited £ is the Swiss bank, they'd have been converted by now.

Lawyers, REAL lawyers don't troll the Internet seeking a person with the same last name (WHICH WAS NEVER REVEALED TO YOU) to split an inheritance with, do they?

I could go on, but I'm sure you see this for what it is by now.

Have yourself some fun, I do.

I supply fictitious information, and await the response.

I kept one scammer engaged for three months with false information, and questions, lots of questions.

Don't ever give away your personal details to unknown people in person or via the 'net.

Thank you very much. I shall have a little fun with this per your suggestion. This is the first time I've come across something like this and am grateful for people like you.

Thank you very much. I shall have a little fun with this per your suggestion. This is the first time I've come across something like this and am grateful for people like you.

You're most welcome.
We do this for many reasons, but mainly we want to help people.
I'm happy to hear we helped you avoid being SCAMMED.

Back