Received out-of-state custody order registration although ex-husband and I do not share children? Help me understand?

Jurisdiction
California
International divorce: My ex-husband and I are not sharing any children together. I have two minor children from a prior marriage who are living with me, teenagers now and graduating high school soon. We live overseas and their biological father shares physical and legal custody with me. However, I have primary custody. Their stepdad cut all contact after our separation. My ex-husband (their stepdad) and I finalized our divorce last year in May. We settled most of our assets and liabilities with the exception of my share of our house in California (SD county). I agreed to sign a quitclaim in return for receiving the money he borrowed from me. I have yet to receive said amount in full and asked my ex-husband to either pay the outstanding amount in full OR register our divorce decree from Europe in his home state.The Supreme Court in San Diego, CA just send me a registration for an out-of-state custody order. I am at loss and do not understand what his intent could be. I am pretty certain he does not want the kids and when I asked my kids, they confirm they have neither reached out to him nor heard from him. I am assuming this is a tactical move which I do not understand. Also, I did not receive the petition and was never served by the petitioner. I simply received the confirmation from the supreme court. Nor did he ever inform me. Or is this perhaps a normal procedure within registering an international divorce in California?

I am not even sure if I am asking this question in the right forum chapter but please help if you have more insights.

1 - This is the right forum.
2 - You should never have signed the quitclaim without money in hand.
3 - Sorry to have to say this but if you don't understand the legal stuff happening in California, you need to consult with a California attorney.

The Supreme Court in San Diego, CA just send me a registration for an out-of-state custody order.

I assume you meant superior court, not supreme court.

No one here can possibly explain what's going on in your case. I don't know where you are, but it's doubtful that your ex-husband, who is not the father of your children, could ever obtain any custodial rights regarding those children - especially if those children are very close to the age of majority.

If you want more information regarding whatever your ex has filed in San Diego County, you can check the online docket here: https://courtindex.sdcourt.ca.gov/CISPublic/enter

OP is purportedly posting from Deutschland, as in the Fatherland AKA: Germany.

3 - Sorry to have to say this but if you don't understand the legal stuff happening in California, you need to consult with a California attorney.
Yes, but it's a California matter that the OP has concerns with.
Yes I am because this is where we were stationed and we are still here. Is there a problem with the location?

I signed the quitclaim but it's still in my possession until our legal matters are resolved.

I called the court and the clerk mentioned my ex-husband filed the wrong form: His lawyer, however, claims it is the right one but couldn't serve me due to location.

Of course I did not forward the signed quitclaim. But getting documents notarized overseas is not exactly easy. Hence, it's all prepped for the day we find a solution.

As for the docket, I checked the case number and couldn't find anything but yet received the registration of the custody order.

Yes I am because this is where we were stationed and we are still here. Is there a problem with the location?
There is no problem with your location. An admin shared that you are posting from Germany and I pointed out that your matter concerns California, even though you are posting from outside of California.

Back