Reduced rent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatimah

I was offered $100 off my first month's rent. The unit was not ready until the 5th of the month, I discussed with the manager about receiving prorate on move in and was told he would do that. I paid full amount rent and provided written reminder to manager about the prorate and I would deduct from following months rent. Manager now states that because I received $100 off first month rent he can't prorate from my move in date. Is this true?

I was offered $100 off my first month's rent. The unit was not ready until the 5th of the month, I discussed with the manager about receiving prorate on move in and was told he would do that. I paid full amount rent and provided written reminder to manager about the prorate and I would deduct from following months rent. Manager now states that because I received $100 off first month rent he can't prorate from my move in date. Is this true?

Read your lease, the answers you seek are in the lease.

But, if you haven't moved in and are having troubles, maybe you don't want to move to this complex?

If you have moved in, read your lease.

Finally, if it isn't in writing, you have no proof it was ever offered, assuming that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back