Rent increase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apey

We have two landlords. They both own this property 50/50. Actually they are sisters. The one sister doesn't agree with the other sister on the things she says and does, we get along with her, but only see her every other week during the summer(she comes to run the ice cream shop, but lives in NJ). The mean sister we don't get along with has always tried to blame the septic problems on us. We live in the whole upstairs. Downstairs there is an NYSEG office. And on the other side the ice cream shop. Two years ago the mean sister raised our rent 50.00 a month saying they incurred damages to the septic because of us. We didn't say much. I don't know what caused it. But now she is trying to raise it another 50.00 just because. I believe it is their legal right, but I don't believe the nice sister even knows. I am going to speak to her. I would like to know if they both have to agree. By the way when the plumber came this last time we clearly heard him state to the landlord , you can either close the icecream shop or have the pipes fixed right. The spetic problems have nothing to do with the upstairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back