Rented a room and got everything i owned stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

karae12

Can i sue this woman? I rented a room from a lady we had a verbal agreement that i would pay rent on the first of every month and give a 30 days notice when i needed to leave. I moved in on novemember 7th and paid the full months rent plus utilies. By the 27th she and i had an silly unrelated arguement in which she became extremly violent and threatend my life. i left for the night to stay witha friend till she calmed down and when i came back to the house the lockes had been changed. All of my possessions were inside the house, so i had the police come and help me get somethings but while they were there she flipped out on them and accused them of being fake police and she managed to steal my computer and other very important items from me and kicked me and the police out. The next day i was homeless and forced to leave my job to move to las vegas with my parents. She called my job and told them i was stealing and a drug addict witch was not true and luckily my boss didn't believe. Since she has my computer she hacked into all my accounts and banking and has sent slandering emails to everyone i know. she also has my work portfolio that i can not replace and need to have to find another job. So my my question is what can i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back