Second cause Judgement

MizBiz55

a judgement has been rendered against me for eviction. He was granted second cause. I never recvd the notices for court hearing. The dockets show the mail was returned. Of course he sent them to the address I was evicted from. The apartment was rented out in a matter of a month. I left it in great condition, like It was when I moved in. I owed $985. His judgment was for over $3500. He has garnished wages multiple times. We went back and forth, I finally revd a notice that it is upheld, but the name of the rental company is not the name of the company I am in litigation with. HELP! I am financially drowning due to this garnishment. So far he has collected almost $3k

Sincerely,
Miz Biz

a judgement has been rendered against me for eviction. He was granted second cause. I never recvd the notices for court hearing. The dockets show the mail was returned. Of course he sent them to the address I was evicted from. The apartment was rented out in a matter of a month. I left it in great condition, like It was when I moved in. I owed $985. His judgment was for over $3500. He has garnished wages multiple times. We went back and forth, I finally revd a notice that it is upheld, but the name of the rental company is not the name of the company I am in litigation with. HELP! I am financially drowning due to this garnishment. So far he has collected almost $3k

Sincerely,
Miz Biz

Not much YOU can do alone, maybe not much an attorney licensed in Ohio can do at this late date.
However, it can't hurt you to talk to several attorneys in your county. Normally the initial meeting is at no charge or obligation.
So, talk to at least THREE attorneys, ASAP. Ask your questions, see if any legal remedies exist in your county that might offer you some relief.

Good luck.

I was considering filing a motion to disclose/discovery in an effort to compel them to disclose all second cause documentation. As well as records of the apartment rental after I vacated the property. Something is not right with this action. I need the motion forms for filing. A lot has been attempted by this mgmt company.

I was considering filing a motion to disclose/discovery in an effort to compel them to disclose all second cause documentation. As well as records of the apartment rental after I vacated the property. Something is not right with this action. I need the motion forms for filing. A lot has been attempted by this mgmt company.

You're wasting your time without a lawyer, plus you're playing legal roulette as far as eventually losing again and being in the hook for their attorney's fees.

Back