section 8 fraud, please advise or share experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

adriennelynn

I am on section 8 in wa. I'm a single mom of 3 and the care provider of my disabled mom. I had tried to add my mom to housing 2 years in a row and it was denied. I did have her living here because anytime of talk of moving my mom caused great anxiety in here. She has several mental health problems. She had been denied because several years ago she was terminated from housing due to erratic behavior, drug use. But now is staple and under doctors care.
I received a letter of fraud, I can not deny the accusations because it is true. I'm wondering if I should still file an appeal?
I am so scared, I fear jail time, I have 3 kids and all have special needs, plus caring for my mother. Do you have any advice?

I am on section 8 in wa. I'm a single mom of 3 and the care provider of my disabled mom. I had tried to add my mom to housing 2 years in a row and it was denied. I did have her living here because anytime of talk of moving my mom caused great anxiety in here. She has several mental health problems. She had been denied because several years ago she was terminated from housing due to erratic behavior, drug use. But now is staple and under doctors care.
I received a letter of fraud, I can not deny the accusations because it is true. I'm wondering if I should still file an appeal?
I am so scared, I fear jail time, I have 3 kids and all have special needs, plus caring for my mother. Do you have any advice?

Yes, you are INNOCENT until proven guilty.

So plead not guilty if arrested.

Keep your mouth shut, and do not discuss any aspect of the case or charge, except with your lawyer.

Its best to KNOW NOTHING ABOUT NOTHING, and say NOTHING.

Just give them your name, date of birth, address, and next of kin.

Do not get tricked into talking about anything, just say I need a lawyer.

I can't talk about anything without a lawyer.

You might also want to arrange for someone to watch your kids, because if you are arrested, they'll be placed.

You might look into where your mother can be placed, too.

Do that tomorrow, because they do strike quickly.

Its unlikely they will file any criminal charges but is likely to happen may be far worse. Housing will likely end your housing for violations you mention. You cannot have anyone other than those approved by housing living with you. Yes appeal even if your appeal is unsuccessful (likely) it will by you time. get ready to move or pay full rent yourself as you will probably see your housing assitance end due to this

My mom is being accused of sec 8 fraud, because she living in my son house, She when to legal aid they didn't win the case now they said is in the prosscure office, what kind of lawyer does my 75 year old mom need?

She needs a criminal lawyer I am going through the same type of accusations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back