security deposit problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizzycloud80

My jurisdiction is: Washington, Pierce County

First off i am on a month to month lease and have been for the 2 years I was staying there because they are condos and were for sale. I had given my apartment manager and the complex managers a notice to vacate on June 23 to be out by July 19th. She had informed that I needed to pay for the entire month of rent and if I was able to find someone to take the unit over or she had found one or sold it that portion of the rent would be refunded. I had sent the keys certified mail on the 18th and was completetly moved out. On August 3rd I get a preliminary statement stating the damages which is past the 14 days required by washington st. Also the person I was supposed to have takeover the unit was denied over the phone because they said the unit was already sold. I was also told I broke the lease because I left in the middle of the month and that I wasnt considered vacant until the last day of the month. I was wondering what I can do. Also I didnt get to do walk through because the apartment manager was fired. I do have pics of when i moved out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back