Smag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smagda

I signed a 1 year lease back in June of this year, but had to move or down size since I have been out of work over a year, and the landlord/property management company knows this. Now with not finding work and being a single parent of two; I/we need to move and I just cannot afford to live here any longer, and as of Sept. signed a new lease for the 1 bedroom, but they know I am not working at all and was very late paying this month to where they sent my file to there attorney's office, but I paid in time and I have lived here for over 4 years never bounced or if I was late, paid a late fee, but now this is getting really tough w/not finding a job. What is my right not working and them knowning this for me to break the lease; I just cannot afford to live here and I thought that property management companies wouldn't sign new leases to people who was not working. Can I break my lease? I have too I cannot afford it any longer and need to live move in with family.

I would think they would allow you to break the lease rather than evicting you. Go talk to them.

Well since i was late this month due to getting my unemployment check late, I have to pay w/a cashiers check, I have lived here for over 4 years, never bounced a check and have only been late since being on unemployment, but I paid the late fee, but since this time it went over the 9th; they sent my file in, but then I paid, and they pulled it back, so they were going to try even though they have known the whole time I am not working; and they signed a lease w/me not working; didn't think they can do that? Can they, that is why I need to know my rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back