storage eviction

Status
Not open for further replies.

emersjef

Hello,
I recently purchased a storage facility in Mississippi. I've noticed two groups of people that I need to deal with immediatley.

(1st group) The previous owners kept bad records and do not have contact information on some of the storage tenants that have people's belongings in them. It is evident that they are not paying and again I repeat I have no contact info for them.

(2nd group) There are also several tenants that are several months behind on their rental storage. I have contact information for this group of people.

I want to get rid of the "stuff" in both groups of storage units above but would like to do so legally. How should I proceed to evict them?

1. Storage items? What storage items? When you purchased this property, these units were empty.

2. Notify the parties by certified mail they pay the owed fees within a certain period of time (say, 30 days) or their items will be disposed of.

Gail

Being that you are a business owner in the storage business you better find out the actual law IN YOUR STATE that applies to foreclosure and eviction of property left in storage. Generally, after 30 days you can put a lock on it. After that you must send a certified letter and wait some STATUTORY amount of time (You don't just get to guess at it). Most storage places have a "blind auction" where people come and pay the past due storage fee which purchases the items blind. (They don't get to look in the storage area first!) Go look up the law in your state. If you don't know how to do that come back and I'll do it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back