Tenant - Too Much Clutter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wltmgg

I purchased a home two months ago to rent out. When I bought it, there was not alot of clutter. The family upstairs, moved downstairs to a smaller apartment and I rented out the upstairs to another family. Since then, more and more things are coming into the house. The family living downstairs has completely taken over all the common areas. It is not only personal belongings, but also his tools from his remodeling/landscaping business. It is everywhere. To add to this mess, now his wife purchased an abandoned storage locker and brought all its contents to the house. It has taken over the porch, and side of the house as well. They also have taken the liberty of piling a bunch of stuff into the driveway of the home next door, that I am in the process of purchasing. What are my rights as a landlord?

What does your lease say about this?
Either find a lease violation and give an ultimatum to clean up, or give them proper notice that you are ending their lease if they are month to month.
If they want to stay they will clean up. If they don't clean up then evict them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back