The Floors of this house are covered in urine and feces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKitty

We have been looking for a house to rent and went to this realtor who sent us to a few houses. One of the houses we viewed, the house itself was very nice however the entire house is covered with rug, with the exception of the kitchen and bathroom. Every inch of rug in the entire house is covered in feces and urine stains. You are hit with the smell the moment you walk through the door. After viewing the house we asked them if it was going to be taken care of, the person we spoke to had no idea and asked us to call on Monday to find out.

We visited the realtor again on Tuesday or Wednesday I forget which and while we were there asked about it again. The realtor who was asked said that new carpets were installed Thursday, which was not true as it was Saturday when we visited and everything was covered everywhere in that awfulness. So we applied for a different house which we were denied for, however we were told we were approved for THAT house. Which would be fine if they actually put new carpets in, the house is nice. So we ask again, has the carpet been taken care of? The person had no idea of anything. So we are assuming the carpets are still not taken care of. They want us to come tomorrow to do the signing/paperwork/money etc.

Is this legal? For them to rent a house to us before actually taking care of the carpets? To charge us pet fees when it looks like someone had a mini zoo that used the whole house as their bathroom? Is there any law or anything that we can direct their attention to in regards to this situation?

I tried to edit the title to make it more on point to the topic and it posted a second thread, excuse me for that.

Is it smart for you to continue to deal with an obvious charlatan, trickster, and/or deceiver?

We did consider this but not many landlords are accepting people with previous evictions these days. Which is probably why they feel as though they can take advantage of people like this. So I'm guessing there is no citation or anything we can direct them to or anything?

We did consider this but not many landlords are accepting people with previous evictions these days. Which is probably why they feel as though they can take advantage of people like this. So I'm guessing there is no citation or anything we can direct them to or anything?

Be smart, don't do it.

Your spidey senses are working overtime.

They'll promise you anything.

But, they'll screw you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back