Unfair treatment and insane fines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

heathernc

I moved into an apartment home in July 2008. The leasing agent failed to put my pets on the lease because I think she felt she was doing me a favor, but one of the maintance people saw my pets and told the manager and I got fined for having "illegal pets" in the apartment home. I refuted it and then they charged me 300$ for a pet deposit- no big deal.

Then in September 2008 my roommate from Nepal was forced to move out and I talked to the Leasing Agent again and she said that it was "too bad, that I was stuck in the lease and needed to find a new roommate."

In November 2008, we got a letter saying we were too noisey and if we stayed noisey that they would issue injunction release. I asked if they could just go ahead and issue the injunction release because it was within the boundaries of the lease-agreement. They said "No, there is no way out of the lease."

In January 2009 I lost my job and I explained my situation and told them if they needed proof that I lost my job I could provide it. They again said "too bad you are stuck in the lease." I filed a BBB complaint against them stating that they were unreasonable, to which they said I could move out with injunction release after ten months.

In April 2009 I turned in my 60 day notice with my rent, then the new Landlord sent a form for them to fax to her saying we were OKAY to move out.
In May 2009 they claimed they never filed the paper the injunction release and they did not receive my 60-day notice., and that I was to pay for rent up until August. I showed them all the BBB complaints and the rest of the paperwork I had on my end. And they said that they did not file the paper work and do not DESIRE to help us. Finally after I refuted it and refuted it they said that I could make payments to them to finish out the rent I owe on the lease.
I did not hear from them until NOW. And they are saying that I owe 2,000$ 1,200$ of that is for damages. I asked for them to send me an e-mail with a list of the damages and she said it was "too big to send in an e-mail." 500$ of the "damages" was because I shut the electricity off two weeks after I moved out and not on the lease-ending date. I refuted it again and demanded that they show me the damages and take off the electricity charge because I followed the lease agreement as to when the electricity was supposed to be shut off. They keep threatening to send me to court because they know I am a college student and cannot afford a lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back